Friday, December 9, 2005

Life Skill and Craft day

Today we're focusing on life skills
(code for housecleaning), reading, pen pal writing, and Christmas
crafts. Some of the children are playing some educational computer
games, as well.  We set aside our math for the day, but we will do
our unit studies before Daddy gets home.  First I have to get some
soup simmering on the stove.  The girls are thrilled to have a day
off from math and handwriting, though. 

The children
have been enjoying watching The Polar Express ... a little too much, to
be honest.  I have requested the book from the library and am
looking forward to getting the email that it's ready for pickup. 
I want the children to read the real book ... and I want to read it,
too.  We've never read it before.  We hadn't even heard of it
until the movie came out.  But anytime a movie is based on a book,
I like to read the book for comparison.

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen the movie, but my children enjoy the book.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!