Friday, February 10, 2006

New LIfe

 


There is a new life inside of me!  A moving, growing life.  At this point, I know nothing about this new little life -- other than that it likes to lay diagonally inside of me, it likes to flip its toes off my lowest ribs, and it objects to being squished.  It wants more room, and it still has about 6 weeks to grow!!

I don't know its gender.  I don't know its name.  I don't know if God has given this baby brown eyes or blue, blonde hair or brown.  Will this be the baby that finally arrives with red hair and green eyes?  Will this baby be calm or fussy?  Will it be as strong-willed and determined as its siblings?

I don't know.

But I know it's a new life created by God, given to our family.  I know it will be loved and treasured.  I know we are all anticipating its arrival with excitement.  I know this baby is God's will for our family!!  I know there is room, in our hearts, and in our home for this new life.  I can't wait to hold this baby, to explore its little features, and to learn its personality.  I can't wait to see my husband's joy-filled face as he meets this new life.  I can't wait to watch my children love on their new sibling.

To the world, we have no more room.  This baby will fill the last seat in our Suburban.  This will be the 6th child in our 3 bedroom home: a home that people continually tell us is just too small for us -- 1200 sq. feet.  We are rather crowded in here, but that's due to too much stuff, rather than too many people.  And as with every baby previously, we're using the pregnancy time to declutter and rearrange.  We'll fit this baby into our home, just as we'll fit it into our lives.

Some people might even think I have too much to do already as a homeschooling Mom with five active children.  Some people might think Steve works too hard supporting us already.  Some people might think our active children are too much to handle without adding another one.  Some people might think we're crazy, or we just lack sense, or we have no hobbies.  Just the other day someone said to my husband, I guess y'all don't have a TV in your bedroom.  Well, no we don't ... and we don't plan on adding one.

This new life will bring changes to our family.  The first year will be a time of flex as baby adjusts to us and we adjust to it.  We'll bend, stretch, and grow ... and we'll gain strength as a family unit.  And I am so grateful, excited, and proud!  I can't wait to see what type of Gift God has given us, and what changes that Gift will bring to our family.  

Praise God from Whom ALL Blessings Flow!!  (including little chubby babies who keep you up at night and go through 12+ diapers a day)

April

2 comments:

  1. Sweet post, April! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and thought provoking post!!


    Gina

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!