Thursday, February 23, 2006

Worry and Waiting

Today I'm anxiously waiting for news. 
It's rather important news that will affect me and my family.  The
temptation to fear and worry is great!  I am constantly reminding
myself today that nothing takes God by surprise and that His plans are
better than my own.  I am trying to rest in Him as I wait.

It isn't a one-time decision, though.  The worry keeps creeping in
and I have to consciously choose to pray and put it back in His hands
again.  His very large and capable hands. 

My children sing a chorus from Steve Green's Hide 'Em In Your Heart
series ... "When I am afraid I will trust in Him, I will trust in Him,
I will trust in Him.  When I am afraid I will trust in Him. 
In God whose Word I praise.  In Him I trust.  I will not be
afraid.  In Him I trust.  I ... forgot the rest of the
song."  It's Psalm 56:3-4, though.  And I'm humming it to
myself today when the worry creeps back in.

"When I am afraid,
           I will trust in you.
In God, whose word I praise,
           in God I trust; I will not be afraid.
           What can mortal man do to me?"
Psalm 56:3-4 (NIV)


3 comments:

  1. Is this something you'll hear about, today, one way or another? Or it a day-by-day not sure when you'll hear sort of thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending up prayers for God's peace to surround your heart and mind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that song. :)


    I'm waiting with you. Constantly looking for an update.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!