Thursday, March 16, 2006

Ho hum, ho hum ... waiting on baby!

I'm tired.  Between the sun
shining in my window shortly after 6 am each day, my achy hips, the
difficulty of rolling over at this stage in pregnancy, and a full
bladder ... I am wide awake at 6:30 am each day.  This is very
unusual for me.  I am usually getting up between 8 and 9 am, which
is fine, because my children also follow this sleep schedule.  But
getting up so early has me falling asleep in the afternoons and
evenings every time I sit down or try to read.  I remember a
similar problem at the end of my last pregnancy, and just telling
myself God was getting me ready for the baby's arrival and the lack of
sleep that would bring.

I saw the midwife today.  I'm
39.5 weeks along and doing well.  Baby's heart tones are good, my
blood pressure is good, my weight is the lowest I've ever gained, and I
only got REALLY achy in the past 4 days.  The midwife, her
assistant, and I are all guessing it's a smaller sized baby girl based
on pregnancy differences and past history.  So, we're guessing
it's going to be a 7.5 lb girl (I've had two girls in the 7 lb xx oz
range and one larger girl, plus two much larger boys).  But we
will see ...  God could have surprises for us all.

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day.  I'm Irish.  My husband is
part Irish, although he treasures his Swedish background more.  I
don't have any "holiday babies" yet.  I think tomorrow would be a
good day to have a baby, don't you?  Yes, I do.  Now if only
babies came "to order" like that. 

My last pregnancy was my first homebirth, and my biggest baby of all --
9 lb. 12 oz. It was a very intense 5 hours of labor and delivery.
  I'm wondering how this delivery will differ if it really is a
smaller baby -- possibly 2 lbs smaller!.  It's been 6.5 years
since I gave birth to a child in the 7 lb. range, and that was an
induction in the hospital, so totally different.  Hmm ...

I guess we just keep waiting to find out.   Ho hum, ho hum!

8 comments:

  1. OH I CANNOT WAIT to get the entry that you are happily snuggling your wee one in your arms!!!!! It really COULD be tomorrow! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. am I on your "email when labor starts" list? :-D


    I'm excited for you.


    And I'm 10+ months postpartum and STILL falling asleep whenever I sit down to read - even if I'm reading out loud! LOL!!!!!


    Remember, no castor oil. :-*

    ReplyDelete
  3. WifemotherservantMarch 16, 2006 at 8:53 AM

    I pray you will have a safe and happy delivery and a beautiful baby as well. Having given birth only 6 months ago I know how you are feeling right now. God bless you and give you patience during these last few days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anytime now. I've missed being at the Haven regularly...I'm going to have to get back to being there more often because I don't want to miss your "Baby Day"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited for you, April! Come on, baby....

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!! Kim, I'll try to remember to email you. (ducking now) Maybe I'll just post here. That should keep everyone checking in. ;-)


    No, not gonna do castor oil again! I'm scared off of that. I don't want a weak labor with broken water that requires pit to finish the job again ... not with a homebirth. I don't want to be running to the bathroom through the whole labor, either. And I don't want another "false labor" from it.


    I'm staying faaaaar away from castor oil. I had thrown it out once, but bought some for a topical treatment for something in the past year. BUt it isn't tempting me at all!!!


    Actually, my midwife and I agreed we'd not consider anything to bring labor on unless I was very post-dates. No herbs, nothing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to your Baby Day!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  8. HappySonlightMomof7March 20, 2006 at 7:03 AM

    Ho Hum.....wondering if there is an update? :-D

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!