Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Buying Curriculum online

I'm starting to
think and plan about next year.  Today I plan to sit down and
write out what I need to buy for next school year, and start looking
for the best price.  I like to buy from one website, so I don't
have to pay shipping more than once, so I weigh out shipping costs and
overall savings more than who has each item the cheapest. 

I was so excited today to read that HSB has started a buying/selling forum for us to use:  The County Fair
I've used a different one before, but they have really complicated
annoying rules and like to ban people for no reason.  And
sometimes you get banned when someone else gets banned, even though you
did nothing.  So, it's easier to buy there since you don't have to
post than it is to sell there.


As
I grew frustrated with that website, I had started buying more on
Ebay.  But now they won't let us sell teacher editions
there.  Argh!  If you email them about that, be prepared to
get majorly annoyed by their response which will really irk you. 
I didn't email them, but a friend did and I got majorly irked when she
showed me their response.


So, anyway, check out The County Fair.  I'm going to have a look around there now.


Oh, and I just thought I'd mention ...


Sagerats is having a contest to help promote The HSB County Fair where you can sell and buy used curriculum, EVEN teacher edition's/guide's/answer key's, with no host percentage fees!

3 comments:

  1. hey!

    I think *I* was banned by the place you did not name! I am still crushed by the memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you are helping to spread the word about The County Fair. Thanks!


    I'm sorry you were banned off the other site. It seems strange. I'm sure you'll enjoy your experience with HSB's book sale.


    Abiding in the Vine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was never banned although I did have posts deleted for wrong wording. But I have friends who were banned and never told why.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!