Thursday, May 18, 2006

Mama: a class of her own

 


I was taking a shower and my 2yo M came into the bathroom to wait for me.  When I finished I was telling him he needed to leave so Mommy could get dressed. 

He didn't want to, so I explained:  "Mommy's a girl and you're a boy, so you need to give Mommy privacy." 

His response?

"No, Mama a Mama." 

"Mommy's a girl," I said as I laughed.

"No, Mama a Mama." he firmly repeated.

*giggle*  I did get him to leave, but I was still chuckling over that.  Apparently, I'm not a boy or a girl ... I'm a Mama ... in a class of my own.

And the naughty little boy played with Mama's glasses while she was in the shower, too. 

Edited to add:  After playfully arguing over it for quite some time this afternoon, M finally agreed that "Mama a dirl." 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for entering my comment contest!


    Your little one sounds so cute! Mama's a mama. Well, you don't look like any girl he knows!


    Abiding in the Vine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THat is funny...I have learned that mama's are NOT entitled to privacy...no matter what is going on...UGh, i have had my share of embarrassing moments and am just realizing that it is only goign to get worse!


    Heather :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!