Friday, June 2, 2006

Living with a "Keeper" part 2

 


I decided I needed to share why I posted my previous entry today.  I've been sinking into a negative rut lately.  With 2 higher-need nurslings (2 mo and 2 yo) I'm not getting as much of my own work done.  So, I'm frustrated with the state of my home right now.  And when I let my own work fall behind, I find it harder to overlook areas that are my husband's domain. 

I was becoming negative about the clutter, about my husband, and about my home.  I was not being thankful.  Nothing had really changed, except my own attitude.  I was getting tempted to stomp around, dropping hints about the mess.  I was tempted to start sneaking things into the trash again.  I was letting my pride keep us from entertaining others.  And I was feeding my own discontentment by allowing myself to procrastinate too much when I did have free moments.  There's a fine line between taking care of yourself (not pushing too much) and indulging yourself too much.  I think I crossed into over-indulgence in the past month.  I was wallowing.

One of my goals for this summer, is to get the children and I back into a good pattern of home-making.  They and I need to practice diligence again and not procrastinating.  We need to rediscover the joy of keeping the house neat.  And I need to train them all to take on new chores and pass down old chores, so we can all share the load better.

When I take care of my part of the house and mess better, I have more patience with the stuff my husband keeps, and with the fullness of our small house.

Now, that I've really confessed, I need to finish cleaning house for tomorrow's birthday party for C's 7th birthday.

5 comments:

  1. I know EXACTLY how you feel. :o( And sometimes its just plain hard to keep the diligence up of training our children to keep the house tidy! I go from really really clean to a great big mess and I have no idea how I do it, even though I try to follow flylady!


    ANyway, just wanted to commiserate~! I know how your feeling. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing.... it really encouraged me~


    blessings,

    Teena

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how many times I have felt that same way. I'm so thankful God gently reminds us to correct our attitudes and then gives us the strength to do it! Thanks for sharing. Not an easy confession, we all are a bit prideful at times. I've enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you how many times I have felt that same way. I'm so thankful God gently reminds us to correct our attitudes and then gives us the strength to do it! Thanks for sharing. Not an easy confession, we all are a bit prideful at times. I've enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't tell you how many times I have felt that same way. I'm so thankful God gently reminds us to correct our attitudes and then gives us the strength to do it! Thanks for sharing. Not an easy confession, we all are a bit prideful at times. I've enjoyed your blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!