Sunday, July 16, 2006

Birthday presents for me ...

When my mother was visiting last month she
gave me part of my birthday present early.  She was too excited
about them to wait.  She gave me 3 books of vintage artwork to be
used in crafts and scrapbooking.  They even come with CDs of the
art so you can use them on the computer, or print them out on acid-free
paper or on fabric or iron-ons.  They're really interesting ...
the Memories of a Lifetime series.  Mom gave me three of the books:   Alphabets & Ornaments, Borders & Frames, Floral & Nature
The little creative wheels are turning as I'm thinking of scrapbook
pages and also crafty gifts I can make with them.  I really need
to schedule some craft time soon ... and regularly.  This is one
of the books and some sample pages:




Then my Sister-in-law and Brother-in-law gave me my birthday present
early, also.  They bought me a black nursing shirt from
Motherhood.  The one they bought had a v-neck that was too deeply
cut for my figure and preferences.  So, I took it back today and
exchanged it for this one, which has less of a v-neck.



While I was trying to choose between 3 and 4 nursing shirts, my husband
said to pick one out from him, as well.  So I got a second nursing
shirt (on sale!) for my birthday.  We chose this one, although the
colors appear different in person.  The background color is tan,
with pink, raspberry, blue, and turquoise stripes. 


I'm already thinking about coordinating them into outfits, and planning
their debuts.  This is Vacation Bible School week, and I will be
teaching the Bible Memory section.  I'm sure I'll be wearing them
this week. 

I'm feeling just a little bit spoiled ... and my birthday isn't even here yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!