Monday, July 10, 2006

Brain Strain for Moms

 


I think I've found the source of my problems.  Sometimes I do really doofy things like go to the store for 3 items, buy 5 items, and still forget one of the 3 items I went in for.  Or using sweetened condensed milk instead of evaporated milk in a meatloaf recipe.  Just doofy stuff!!  I feel like a total airhead at times.

However, I once was a very organized person.  I am still organized, to an extent.  But then I have these doofus moments that just amaze me and humor my husband.

I think I know my problem.  It's Brain Strain ... or is it Brain Drain ... for Moms.

"Where are my shoes?"
"Where's the pink hair brush?"
"Mama, where my wawa dup (water cup)?"
"April, have you seen my red notebook?"

You get the picture.  I am expected to know where everything is in this house.  Not just my stuff, but everyone's stuff.  As a result, my brain is focusing on all these minor details instead of the other things I should be focusing on.

I'm on the way to the washing machine and notice the 5 yo's sandals on a chair at the kitchen table.  My mind stores that information away for the inevitable question.  I enter the bathroom and notice a hair brush on the floor behind the trash can and make a note of that, as well.  I trip over a light saber and store that information away. 

Is it any wonder I have doofus moments?

Please tell me I'm not alone here. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you ... wherever it is we were supposed to be ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...you have hit the nail on the head! This is the answer to every mom's problem! With so much "stuff" stored in my head, it's no wonder there's no room for the important stuff. How often do I walk into the pantry and then have to stand there for several seconds until I figure out why I was there in the first place?!? Scary stuff!


    Blessings,


    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate! LOL! My brain drain usually appears when I'm in a conversations and I can't remember what I was talking about. Thank God I have good friends who don't think I'm flaky! No, you're not alone! The meatloaf sounds good, I think I'll try it soon~thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can sooooo relate to noticing all those out of place things and storing the info for the inevitable question. I guess some people actually stop, and put said item back in it's proper place so they don't have to store the info, but I haven't quite gotten there yet. (That would also presume that most of those things HAVE a proper place to be, LOL).

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!