Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The infamous meatloaf recipe

Shurleen's Meatloaf Recipe

3 Lb hamburger
1 Can evaporated milk
1 -2 eggs (your preference)
1 -2 pkg dried onion soup (your preference -- we use 2)
About 11 crushed crackers
1 cup oatmeal


You can use all oatmeal or all crackers. I like using both, but it doesn't matter.
Meatloaf - can be used for large meatballs with gravy or small meatballs, as well as meatloaf. 

Now,
I followed her recipe using 2 eggs and one package of dried onion soup
mix.  However, I also added some additional salt, pepper, and
onion powder since I skipped the second package of onion soup
mix.  Then I goofed it up by using sweetened, condensed milk
instead of evaporated milk. 

She didn't include baking
temps and time, but I put this in a 9x13 pan and baked it for 45
minutes at 350*, I believe.  I set the timer for 1 hour and then
started checking its temperature using my meat thermometer after 30
minutes.  I think I took it out after 45 minutes, when it reached
170* inside the meat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!