Thursday, July 6, 2006

Want to know a secret? My birthday present ...

My birthday is in 2 weeks.  I just
found out today what I'm getting for my birthday.  I get to have a
hernia surgery for my birthday!!  The "swollen lymph gland" that I
thought was cat scratch disease is actually a hernia.  I'll be
seeing the Surgeon on Monday to discuss the surgery and set a
date.  Fun, fun, fun!!

Well, this changes things a bit.  I can see this is going to
impact my Summer and Fall as we plan for the surgery and my recovery
afterwards. 

We could use prayer for the surgery to go well, my recovery to go well,
finances for meeting our deductible, and prayer for Baby L as she will
have to drink expressed milk from bottles for 6 hours or so.

3 comments:

  1. I will put you on my prayer list for a quick recovery from your surgery. And, yes, Birckenstocks count! I hope you'll join the flip flop fun :)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my friend! So sorry to hear this! My darling had that cat scratch fever thing once~it was no fun either! (((((HUGS))))) sandi~seeing doc for my hernia Monday....

    ReplyDelete
  3. are there non-surgical alternatives? Seems like my mom had a hernia once ...


    Praying for a smooth surgery & recovery.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!