Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The love of reading begins early ...

Some of the children have croup.  So
we all camped out in the living room where I could keep an "ear" on
their coughs and breathing overnight. 

This morning, we laid Baby L on the floor between 7 yo C and 5 yo J
after they woke up.  Before long, 7 yo C (who isn't reading yet)
was "reading" a book to Baby L.  It was so sweet and those bright
pictures captured Baby L's interest for quite some time.  She also
practiced her crawling technique while looking at the pictures. 
She kept getting up onto her knees while looking at the book. 

We teach them to love books early at our house!!




4 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! What great pics, and what great moments for your kiddos!


    I hope you all recover well and breath easier soon, (I have several asthmatics here, I understand the camping out and listening to them breath some nights!)


    Have a good one,

    ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your little ones get over the croup soon. Oh I remember those days...no fun at all. Many a night were spent in a steamy bathroom.

    Thanks for sharing the sweet pictures..great crawl and reading techniques! :-)

    Blessings,

    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable! I have some pictures like that of Jared "reading" to Lucas...they are priceless. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love pictures like that! The children look so cozy there. I love it when the children read to each other. Hope they're all on the mend.


    Blessings,

    Mrs. (Nicole) Pivec

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!