Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Where am I and what am I doing?


Well, here's what I'm not doing ...


Basically, I'm not doing anything that requires moving, lifting, or walking.

I'm napping, lying in my recliner, being waited on hand and foot ... and also hobbling to the bathroom as necessary.

My hernia repair surgery on Monday went well, but I had no idea how
painful recovery was going to be.  I hope I never have a c-section
because I do not want to go through this type of pain again!!

I will be seeing the surgeon again tomorrow for a follow-up on my
recovery.  And I'll find out more about what I can and can't do in
the upcoming weeks and months.

My children and husband are being very helpful and loving and I am so
thankful for them and all that they do.  I'm also very thankful
that the surgery went well and I was able to return home to them.

So, that's where I am and what I'm doing ... and also what I'm not
doing.  Hopefully I'll be back to blogging again next week
sometime.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry it's a painful recovery. Praying you start feeling noticeably better each day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I hope you recover quickly. I had a hernia repair when I was 13 and I remember the recovery being quite painful. Back then you spent almost a week in the hospital. A friend of mine had it last year and it was one day surgery.

    Rest up and what a wonderful dh and family you have to take such good care of you. Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you're down and out. But it sounds like you are being well cared for! I am going to check out the Revive our Hearts challenge. Since starting my blog and trying to learn about it, I've spend a number of evenings with my bum planted right where it is right now! At least it's Friday afternoon right now and DH isn't home. But I think I need to give him some extra attention. Maybe I'll go make him some chocolate chip cookies right now! :)


    Hope you feel better soon. I've enjoyed perusing your blog. I'm sure I'll stop in again sometime. Please stop over and visit me too at Golightly Place. I'd love to have you!


    In Christ,

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad your surgery went well. I pray the Lord helps you to recover quickly and get back to doing the things you need to do.

    Blessings,

    Sonya

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!