Sunday, October 15, 2006

Home from church today with a sick baby

I'm home with a sick feverish baby
today.  Last night Baby L started acting fussy, congested, and
running a fever.  When she first woke up from her evening nap I
thought it was another Reactive Airways attack caused by us moving back
into our bedroom where the cats had been living.  (We sold our
last kitten and moved Mama cat out of our room, then I vacuumed and
washed all the bedding yesterday to try to move back into our bedroom.)

Anyway, as the evening progressed, it became apparent it was more than
Reactive Airways since her temperature just kept climbing.  It
finally topped at 101.6.

We debated over what to do ... whether to continue with the plan to
sleep in our room for the first time in months, or continue in the
living room.  I decided I was confident it was either a virus or a
secondary infection from the mild cold she'd had earlier this week, and
that it wasn't cat dander caused.  Also, I knew I'd feel better
having her tucked in bed with me so I would know right away if she
worsened in the night.

She slept fine and it was so nice to be back in our bedroom, in our
king size bed, as a couple.  Of course, she woke up with her fever
still, and is rather clingy today.  Other than a light cough, a
stuffy nose, and her fussiness, she doesn't seem to really have a
specific area that's bothering her.  I'm not sure what the fever
is, other than a new virus attacking her.

Steve took the other children to church, and Baby L and I are home
today.  Despite being sick, she's still crawling around, pulling
up, and trying to cruise along the furniture for little bits at a
time.  She'll be 7 months old in 5 days.  She's been sick
more often in her 7 months than any of our other children.  Poor
baby girl!

4 comments:

  1. We're home from church with a sickie too, but ours is 7 YEARS rather than 7 MONTHS!


    PRaying for a fast recovery for your little one, it is so hard when they are that little and get sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, poor little angel. :(

    It is always so hard when the little wee ones are sick.

    I hope that she will have a speedy and full recovery.

    Gayle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has been sick so much. I hope she grows out of it. I'm glad to hear that she's still on the go, though. We were home today with 5 out of 6 big kids sick along with me. A very restful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's been something going around I think. My 1 year old was sick last week and my 9 year old came down with a fever tonight. I'm hoping it doesn't pass through to all of us!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!