Friday, January 5, 2007

God's plans are not my own

I had different plans for this week.  My plans included de-cluttering, deep cleaning, laundry, school planning and grading.  My plans included trying to re-create a routine or schedule to help get our family and school organized again.  My plans included a strong structured start to school on Monday the 8th.

My plans did NOT include 6 coughing, sneezing, drippy, congested children carrying tissue boxes around.  My plans did NOT include multiple Dr's visits, breathing treatments, medications, or fussing needy children.  My plans did NOT include an RSV (respiratory syncytial virus) diagnosis for Baby L.

But God had other plans.  He has allowed this illness for a reason.  Perhaps He felt I needed to slow down.  Perhaps He felt I needed my direction changed.  Perhaps He felt I needed to re-connect with the children.   Perhaps He felt a gentle start to school was better.  Perhaps He just felt I needed to re-focus on Him.  I don't know.

But I trust Him.  I trust that I am in the center of His will, even at this moment.  I trust that I am doing the right thing when I rock my 9 month old, or my 2 year old.  I trust that doing the laundry, grading the math, and planning for school will all get done. 

I am not going to stress about these things.  I will just rest in God, and keep doing the next thing.  Even if the next thing isn't what I had planned.

" Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;  in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."   Proverbs 3:5-6

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps."  Proverbs 16:9

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like our house! I made plans to start lessons again on Jan 2. We did and had a decent day. On Jan 3, 4, and 5 I had several very sick children. Then Daddy went out of town for a bit and threw our schedule off. We're still trying to get back on track.....

    His ways are not our ways! May we learn to rest in His will.

    Blessings to your and your family,

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!