Friday, January 5, 2007

Redundant Resolutions

Every year, it seems I make the same resolutions.  I'm still a work in progress, and I'm still growing in the same areas.  I am not one to make detailed plans. I am not one to really dwell on them that much.  I usually don't even make a written list.

But every year, I purpose to better follow my claimed priorities.

More time with God.  Daily Devotions.
Being more loving toward my husband, less grouchy, more encouraging.
Spending more time reading to my children, playing games with them, and listening to them.
Keeping the home better organized and staying on top of chores.
Being more structured and diligent in our homeschool.
Spending less time on the computer, and more time reaching out to others ... in my home and outside of it.
Eating healthier and exercising.

I've hesitated to post on this all week.  Because it's the same things I say every year.  And I think it's probably the same thing most Christian Moms say. 

But I've decided not to be discouraged that I still have the same goals for the New Year.  I am still growing.  I have not yet overcome my weaknesses.  But I am still trying, and God is still working in me.  I need to let Him work more, instead of trying to make these changes on my own.  If I'm growing in my relationship with HIM, then I will grow in these areas, as well.  Or in whatever areas He desires to see me change in.

So, I do have one resolution.   I resolve to seek God:  I will resume daily devotions and I will pray, seeking His guidance more often.  I will take time to listen.  I've been trying to do things on my own for too long.  God has been telling me this in many different ways recently.  I need to seek Him, and let Him do His work in me.

"being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."   Philippians 1:6

4 comments:

  1. Amen to your resolutions. I only made 1 this year to make it manageable. A friend of mine is making one a month and forming each into a habit.

    Ours for this month is for each person in the family to have a time of personal Bible reading and then make it easier to do. My dh keeps his Bible in the bathroom(LOL) now and the kids and I keep ours in the middle of the kitchen table. They read while I make breakfast. I read when I get up. The 2 yr old plays with her busy Bible with me while I talk to her about it.

    I'm so sorry there's been so much sickness at your house! I hope it's better now! Praying it is! Holly

    oh-it's me (applesofgold)-forgot to sign in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I,too,thought about not blogging about the goals I had made for this new year,but I did:) Like you said,I'm sure other christian moms feel the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you will accomplish these goals, so you can achieve new ones next year!!

    Thanks for adding me to your friends!!

    God Bless and Keep You and Yours!!

    Take Care!!

    Love to all

    Amanda ~ Siol Enal ~ SUPERANGEL


    Daughter of JacqueDixonSoulRestES

    Sister of Jocelyndixon, rjdjohn316 & YoungManInTraining


    Read my lastest articles just published today!! Let me know what you think!!


    Stop by The Daily Planet soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you will accomplish these goals, so you can achieve new ones next year!!

    Thanks for adding me to your friends!!

    God Bless and Keep You and Yours!!

    Take Care!!

    Love to all

    Amanda ~ Siol Enal ~ SUPERANGEL


    Daughter of JacqueDixonSoulRestES

    Sister of Jocelyndixon, rjdjohn316 & YoungManInTraining


    Read my lastest articles just published today!! Let me know what you think!!


    Stop by The Daily Planet soon!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!