Thursday, February 22, 2007

"A Sister Remembers" -- Adoption Options

Shurleen (OreoSouza) asked me to write about my family's experience with adoption.  I shared about my little sister, Sarah, adopted into our family when I was 17.5 yo and she was 1 month old.   That article is featured on today's Adoption Options on the HSB Front Porch.  

I didn't say it in that article, but we used to call Sarah our little Spider Monkey. She was so tiny and her dark hair just stuck out all over her head.  Once she started crawling, I called her my little Gecko, because when she crawled she would spread her fingers out as wide as they could go, and it reminded me of a Gecko's foot.   But by the time she was 1, she looked like a little China doll instead.   Now she is a beautiful young woman, who will become a mother herself in late Spring.

Blessings,
April

2 comments:

  1. I miss my friends button, too. CONGRATS on your article~I'm gonna go check it out! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just loved reading the article that you wrote about adoption. It really helped to give me insight about the bumps in the roads in such a process. It also gave me insight into the rewards. It was written with the heart of God in it. It just really refreshed me. It was so beautifully written. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!