Sunday, April 15, 2007

Immersed in Christ

Today in church, our Pastor was talking about the sacraments of baptism and communion.  While explaining baptism, he said it means to be immersed, to be put fully into.  Then he explained how it was a symbol of us being completely immersed in Christ.  Being totally committed. 

I've been attending church all my life.  I've been a Christian since I was a young child, and I was baptized when I was 10 or 11.  I was a ministry major when I attended a Christian college, so I took many theology classes.  I've heard baptism and its symbolism described many different ways.  When my oldest daughter was baptized two weeks ago, she and I discussed it before speaking to the Pastor about it.  And when we met with the Pastor, he basically explained it exactly as I already had. 

But until today, I'd never heard it described this way.  Being fully immersed, all the way into, totally committed, to Christ.  What a wonderful, beautiful image. 

Lord, help me to be totally immersed in YOU, in Your Love, Your Grace, Your Mercy.  Let me be totally immersed in Your Holy Spirit, or would that be it immersed in me?  Lord, help me to walk in Your path, in Your light, and become more like You each day.  Amen.

Blessings,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!