Thursday, July 26, 2007

Another Amazing Homeschool Mom Moment ...

Both my oldest daughters, at different times, have come to me and asked if we could start the new school year yet.  They're both tired of summer freedom now that the Summer Reading Program is coming to an end.  The heat is keeping them from playing outside as much as they did earlier in the Summer, and they want to start school again.

I was thinking of starting on August 20 or 27, and I had plans for work I wanted to do in the last few weeks before then.  But they're asking to start earlier. 

Wow!  An Amazing Moment for a Homeschool Mom.  I love it when things like this happen. 

So now I have to decide ... stick to my plans ... or go with the children's interest and start early?  I suppose I can get my "work plans" accomplished and start school, if I just work harder for a few weeks, and read less.

We'll see what the Principal thinks.

Blessings,
April

1 comment:

  1. We are having the same problem (great isn't it?) I had planned to start school Aug. 27th but my kiddos are asking to do school.


    We have continued to do math (most of the time) and History but I guess that's not enough.


    What a wonderful problem =)

    Blessings,

    Linda<><

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!