Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Progress in the garden! Is that red on my tomatoes?

Could that be some red on my tomatoes?  Yes, I believe it is! 



But just to be sure, a close-up.



And just a couple of the spaghetti squash taking over our garden, right in front of one of the zucchini plants, and the eggplant.  Yes, that is one pink hollyhock in the foreground.  Remember, I said I had transplanted it to my garden from the middle of the yard, accidentally.  Well, it fell over awhile ago, but it's still blooming.



And  a closeup of our first tiny eggplant.  And, yes, I need to weed again.


We've been enjoying the first few spaghetti squashes.  We've eaten it twice, and my children like it!!  We gave some to a neighbor, and I have one set aside for Steve's sister's family.  We'll be eating it again tomorrow.  I promised to leave some plain for 6 yo J (just butter, salt and pepper) and some with spaghetti sauce for the other children.  I may join J in eating it plain tomorrow.  And there's many more in the garden.

Blessings,
April

3 comments:

  1. I loved your garden and laundry pictures very much!!

    I tried growing eggplants once and had beautiful plants, but no eggplants. Don't know what I did wrong. This year I have had a bumper crop of tomatoes, peppers, carrots, swiss chard and zucchini-with more being picked. My cucumbers didn't do so well and I forgot to plant the bush beans.

    Sometimes if my laundry is stiff, I'll throw them in the dryer for 5 minutes. I can't stand to put stiff cloth diapers on my dd. She's almost done with them, though-just wearing them at night now. Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that your tomatoes are turning red, yummy.


    I am not good at cooking spaghetti squash. Do you have any great recipies for it that you can post?


    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. I have a little red on one now too. I guess I was not very patient. Something to work on.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!