Tuesday, August 21, 2007

That was completely uncalled for!

I woke up at 9:30 am today.  My kids woke me up.  A month ago, I was awake before them daily, but lately they are waking me up again. 

20 minutes later ... I'm still not showered, in pajamas, hair in a quick pony tail, no make-up, no coffee yet ... reading my emails and waking up.

The door bell rings.

It's not the mail man.

NO, that would be too simple. 

It's a homeschool Mom picking up homeschool curriculum I offered on freecycle.

She's dressed nicely, with makeup on, hair done, looking cheerful, and tall, and slender. 

How embarrassing.  I didn't know she was coming this morning.  She hadn't replied with when she would pick them up.   Since I don't go out before 11 am, unless I have a Dr's appointment, it never occurred to me that she might come so early.  (Nearly 10 am ... early?  Ha Ha!)

First time meeting her ... and I'm wearing a pair of capri-cutoffs (meaning I took a pair of maternity yoga knit pants, cut them off to be capris, and now wear them to sleep in) and a dingy Veggie Tales t-shirt, with my hair in a messy pony tail, my bangs all a mess, etc.  You get the picture.

I was too embarrassed to really even meet her.  All my kids were still in pajamas and eating breakfast.  I just said, "Here they are.  Thanks!"

Now, was this necessary?  Did she need to come flaunting her early morning habits?  I don't think so.  It was totally uncalled for!  Indeed! 

I am ... affronted!


(Now, the disclaimer:  I am only teasing.  I am not angry, nor do I look down on those who are morning people.  Our family just tends to stay up later and get up later.  I usually make all our appointments for the afternoons, to give us time to wake up in the morning and get around, and not be late.  I was embarrassed, but I realize that is my fault, not hers.)

Blessings,
April

2 comments:

  1. Hey, at least you had pants on! LOL! I join you in the ranks of late risers and applaud your patience with your oh so put together visitor. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee, hee, hee. Laughing with you!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!