Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Four days until we move -- packing update

All the bedrooms are packed, although I still need to pack my dresser top.   The living room is mostly packed ... only a few DVDs, a few toys, and the very messy computer desk remain.

I still need to pack the kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, computer desk, and finish the living room.   Oh ... and the shed, but that is really my husband's domain.

I have plenty of boxes, I think, but I just ran out of packing tape.  I do have duct tape, but I will need to buy more packing tape tonight.

It seems unreal that we will be moving in four days.  But the work we're doing and the stacks of boxes should make it seem real.

The other day, I was packing in one of the children's bedrooms ... the one they are all sharing until we move so my sister can be in the other bedroom ... and they were listening to Christmas music on the radio.  "I'll Be Home For Christmas" began to play, and I sang along, since it was a solo I sang in jazz choir in high school.  I began to get teary and emotional, as I realized I would be home at our farmhouse, on our own little 7 acres, for Christmas. 

For the past 2.5 years, I've hoped to be there by Christmas.   Two Christmases have come and gone.  But this Christmas, we really will be moved out there. 

Thank You, Jesus!

Blessings,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!