Thursday, November 1, 2007

This has all the makings of a nightmare ...

Family of 8, 11 days from moving, packing, boxes everywhere ... and the washing machine breaks.

I had 2.5 loads of laundry still needing to be washed when I realized it was dead 2 days ago.  I had to finish washing by hand the load that I had put in it when I realized it wasn't spinning.  This morning I have 4 or 5 loads piled up in my room waiting.  9 days from moving.

The repair man comes today.  I am praying he can fix it affordably (we have an older model Maytag Neptune front loader) ... today! 

I don't have time to go to the laundry mat.  I don't really have money for washer repairs, or to replace it.  We have been offered an unused washing machine, a smaller capacity top loader.  We may take it.  But I likely can not get it until the weekend.  Who knows how much laundry will be piled up by Saturday?  I don't want to think about it.

This has all the makings of a nightmare, but I've been staying fairly calm about it.  I'm not freaked out or upset ... yet.  LOL!!  But when my laundry 3-bin hamper in my bedroom starts piling up chest high, I probably will cry.  I pray it's all resolved before it gets that bad.

Blessings,
April

2 comments:

  1. I hope it doesn't cost too much. I have been there too many times myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once someone I knew was in a tough spot, and a bunch of us friends each took a load of laundry home and did it. Consider asking church women or other friends to help. Is there anyone you can call on? We need to be there for one another ... though it's always humbling and difficult to ask for help.


    One load of laundry is not a big deal - many hands make light the work.


    : )


    Deb

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!