Saturday, June 21, 2008

I wish I had something profound to say ...

But I really don't.  Life is good, and ordinary, and we are blessed.

At the moment, my biggest frustration or problem is that my little Persian kittens seem to know what part of the house to "go" in, but rarely "go" in the actual litter boxes.  They seem to prefer the floor next to the litter boxes.  I should be thankful they are confining themselves to one small area, but I'm tired of cleaning up messes.  And we need them to figure it out before we can really sell them.  Patience ... I just need more patience.

Not just with them ... but with my kids.  Kids who are perfectly normal, and like any other child would rather play a computer game, read a book, or watch a movie than do their chores.  They seem to be in a slump, and I don't have as much patience or grace to deal with it as I usually do.  Pregnancy hormones and hot humid days haven't helped.  They usually do better.  I suppose the heat could be affecting them, too.  That and the end-of-the-school-year doldrums, most likely.

We only have 2 weeks of school left ... but we won't get much of a break, unfortunately, before we need to start again.  I wanted to get 6 weeks of school in before the baby's due, so we can take 6 weeks off afterwards.  I'm starting to wonder if it might be better to aim for only 3-4 weeks before his birth, and then just plan to go an extra couple weeks next Spring to finish making up for the time off.  And we might end up not taking a full 6 weeks off.  Hmm.  I'll have to talk that over with Steve.

I probably should also think of ways to make these last two weeks more interesting, to break up the doldrums.  I'm afraid I'm in a rut, too.

Trusting in Him,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!