Monday, August 4, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~1

I think this originated on blogs, but I got it from a website I go to.  They were doing it there.  I thought it would be fun to do on my blog, but don't know where to look for the original meme, so can't link you to others.

edited to add:  My friend Kim pointed me to the correct origination of this meme.  The Simple Woman's Daybook





Outside My Window ... The sun is shining, the sky is blue, a cardinal is flying from bush to tree, and I have clothes drying on the line.

I am thinking ...  that I need to get 2 more loads washed and on the line today, so I'd better get started.

I am thankful for ... our family, our home, and the new dog God blessed us with who is perfect for our family.

From the kitchen ... there will eventually come the smell of chicken and noodles, but the chicken is just now starting to cook in the crockpot.

I am wearing... denim maternity shorts, a gray maternity t-shirt, and light blue fake Crocs.

I am creating ... um, not much.  I have started working on 2 yo L's 1st year scrapbook again, and I need to finish school planning.  But, other than that ... just trying to create a peaceful loving beautiful home atmosphere.

I am going ... to be 34 weeks pregnant tomorrow.

I am reading ... "Homeschooling With A Meek And Quiet Spirit" by Teri Maxwell, and Chautona's online fiction story, "Fairbury Tales"

I am hoping ... that the weather forecast doesn't change and the temps really do drop 10-20 degrees over the next week.

I am hearing ... Veggie Tales' "Gideon" playing in the background and the sound of children waking up and getting ready for the day.

Around the house ... we are enjoying our summer break from school.  We had to "school" right into the month of July, and only have 3 weeks of summer break left.

One of my favorite things ...
little blonde 2 yo girls with blue eyes, curls, and sweet sweet smiles that sing cute little songs while playing.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:  finish laundry today before rain comes, set guineas free today, visit the Doctor for my prenatal and the library on Wednesday, clean out the last two closets, and maybe set up the baby bassinet.  Next week is 35 weeks and that is when the rest of my "nesting list" kicks into high gear for final baby preparations.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing:  our new dog sniffing at the kitten she found for us a week ago, who is now an outdoor barn cat/pet.




Trusting in Him,
April

6 comments:

  1. I believe it originated here: http://thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/2008/04/join-simple-womans-daybook.html


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you during these last weeks of waiting for your new baby! This weather does not suit pregnant ladies!

    God bless ~Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. JacqueDixonSoulRestESAugust 4, 2008 at 12:10 PM

    Sounds simply delightful!!


    34weeks! yay! you are moving right along there, aren't you?

    So nice to hear about your week...

    I will need to look into Teri Maxwell's book. I have seen it before. Glad for the reminder.


    blessings!

    Jacque

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, coming over from the Simple Woman's Daybook. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. What fun to be welcoming a new little one into your family.


    I love the doggie picture, its very cute.


    Deb

    www.debd.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your feet picture... Very nice daybook.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also enjoy the Meek and Quiet Spirit. That is a great book. I also like the cd collection the Maxwells sell. They are so encouraging.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!