Monday, August 11, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ 2

Click on this image to visit The Simple Woman blog, and find daybook entries by others.



For Today...

Outside my Window... our five guineas are pecking their way through the green yard, huddled together, under the blue skies with white clouds scattered here and there.

I am thinking... that my day hasn't been a very productive one so far, and I'm not really upset about it.

I am thankful for... good news today!

From the kitchen... chicken taco filling in my crockpot smells delicious!

I am wearing... a different pair of denim maternity shorts from last week, a red maternity v-neck t-shirt with white collar and trim, with bare feet that need to have their toenails repainted.  My hair is twisted up into a figure 8 bun and secured with tiny octopus clips.

I am creating... school plans for this school year, which starts in a week.

I am going
... to be more productive tomorrow.

I am reading... the Summer 2008 issue of The Old Schoolhouse Magazine.

I am hoping... that my Father-in-law will be released from the hospital later this week so Steve can bring him home to Kansas.

I am hearing... the dribbling of the leak in my shower, children's voices, and a Veggie Tales movie playing across the room from me.

Around the house... I have two baskets of clothes I need to fold, and I need to start washing cloth diapers.

One of my favorite things... dark chocolate, and today I feel like I need a lot of it.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... put away a few bigger toys in the living room to make room for the bassinet, another prenatal appointment and library trip, finish school planning so we can resume school a week from today.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


This is our bassinet, with the skirt/cover and sheets my Mom made for it,
and the afghan a friend's Mom made for us. 
This was actually taken in our old house, when we were expecting 4 yo M, but we'll be using the same bassinet and bedding for this baby. 
I'll be setting it up this week, although it will be set up in the living room this time, for day time naps, and the baby will sleep with us at night.


Trusting in Him,
April

3 comments:

  1. I've gone all broody at the sight of that bassinet! My baby days are over now - but I so wish we'd had more than one baby.

    God bless you all,

    ~Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm I love dark chocolate too! I wish they made dark chocolate peanut m&ms... maybe they do? lol


    Cute bassinet! Can't wait for your new arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dark Chocolate too. You're pretty far along, I think you're allowed a lazy day or two.


    DebD


    www.debd.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!