Monday, August 18, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ 3

Click on this image to visit The Simple Woman blog, and find daybook entries by others.

For Today...

Outside my Window... same green lawn, green trees, blue sky with fluffy white clouds as last week ... empty clothesline and a clear view of the field and highway since a friend came with his tractor and mowed down the section of really long grass and shrubs.

I am thinking... that my upper back hurts and I'm not sure why.

I am thankful for... the fact that my Father-in-law is back in KS, checking into his regular hospital with his regular doctors today ... and thankful Steve was able to get time off to go get him and help check him in today.

From the kitchen... a pile of dishes my dishwashers need to tackle.  They're reading over my shoulder as I type and pretending they didn't just read this. 

I am wearing... denim maternity capris, black birkenstocks, and a light purple maternity t-shirt, with my hair in a pony tail with a purple floral scrunchy.

I am creating... nothing.  I finished most of my school planning, and we started school today.  I was just revamping my "nesting for baby" list.  But otherwise, not creating anything.

I am going... to wash the baby bath tub and infant car seat today.

I am reading... nothing.  I just finished The Tale of Hawthorn House: a Beatrix Potter Cottage Mystery last night.  I still haven't finished "Homeschooling With A Meek and Quiet Spirit", but I also haven't picked it up in over a week.

I am hoping
... that the five gray striped kittens we just found in the attic of the old granary don't fall down and get hurt.

I am hearing... Donut Man singing "O-B-E-Y:  Obey your Mom and Dad!"  What a great song!  :D

Around the house... there are lots of scattered toys.  I need to bring the 3 middle kids inside to start picking up, and then I need to do a phonics lesson with 7 yo J.

One of my favorite things... when my husband comes home from a trip.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... continue with our first week of school, continue with house keeping and baby nesting, and try to figure out how to do some math review with some of the kids who were out of practice today.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... these are the Persian kittens we are currently selling, although we actually sold the red one (orange to most people) on Friday.  Aren't they sweet?
 





Trusting in Him,
April

4 comments:

  1. Hi there. Sorry it has been so long since I last visited. Your daybook was fun to read. I love these! Your kitties are sweet.

    Hope you make progress on your nesting. Won't be long now.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to leave myself unidentified. I clicked too soon (not a shock)


    Sentiments still stand!

    kadezmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny about your kids reading over your shoulder, pretending not to have read it AND the O-B-E-Y song was on. I love it! Family life is a riot.


    Have a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan (A Happy Heart at Home)August 21, 2008 at 6:24 PM

    I remember that song! I always told my daughters what a great song that was! I'm sure they remember it to this day, and they're 18 and 14 now. That orange kitten is so cute! We have two cats from the animal shelter. We enjoy them very much.


    ~Susan

    http://ahappyheartathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!