Tuesday, September 9, 2008

All because of a little boy's curiousity ...

So, a little while ago we had WW III break out between our 2 female cats and the dog.  Sweetie, our Mama Cat, just was wild, attacking Molly Dog and Melody cat and anything that got near her.  

It was freaky!!  I heard the yowling noise and came from the kitchen to try to see what was going on.  It sounded like a cat was dying, and then there was the sound of claws on wood floors as the 3 animals were running around.  And the noise of kids trying to get out of the way.  Then 4 yo M and 2 yo L started crying. 

I had no idea what had happened.  I didn't know if Molly had done something to one of the cats, or what.  Kids were asking if she had rabies.  13 yo A wondered if she was demon possessed.  I kept trying to get close to her.  I wanted to separate the animals, but there was no way to get in there without getting hurt. 

Finally, Sweetie ran off and hid under the bassinet, but continued to yowl and spit.  Melody cat was walking around with her back arched, as well.  Molly was trying to get close to the cats to see what was wrong, but I had the kids hold her out in the hallway away from them.

I moved the bassinet aside and tried to talk soothingly to Sweetie.  She took off, but I noticed something blue on her tail as she ran past me. 

Thought a second ...     ...  and then I asked who had put a clothespin on her tail. 

7 yo J sheepishly confessed to doing it.   He said he wanted to know if it would feel to her like it does to him when he puts it on his nose.   Leave it to a 7 yo boy!!

So, I had to get down on my hands and knees, and peek under the dining room table.  I talked soothingly to her, then reached out (afraid she'd scratch me all up) and managed to get her by the scruff of her neck.  Then I slid her out toward me and took the clothespin off her tail.

But wow!  That was just wild.  I've never seen anything like that.  I'm afraid Molly probably has scratches we can't see under her fur.   Kids said at one point Sweetie was hanging from Molly's neck.   Ouchie!!

At least no people got scratched.  But all the animals are acting gun-shy at the moment.  Molly is following me around.  Sweetie is still hiding under the dining room table.  Melody is still looking confused like "what was that all about?!?!"

I still can't believe that was ALL because of a clothespin!!  And a plastic large one that doesn't pinch as tightly as the wooden ones, at that!!

And 7 yo J has been told he is NOT to EVER do ANYTHING to ANY of our pets like that again ... they are not his toys or experiments.

Just ... wow! 

Trusting in Him,
April

1 comment:

  1. Getting closer! How are you feeling? I can't wait to hear the good news!

    Praying, Eva

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!