Thursday, September 4, 2008

All's well here, still no baby

I just realized it's been over 2 weeks since I last posted.  We're fine here.  We've just been incredibly busy with Steve's father being in the hospital in another part of the state, trips to see him, starting school, and getting ready for the baby. 

Also, about the time I last posted, we found 5 little kittens in what we felt was an unsafe location ... so we moved them to a safer spot.  But we apparently messed with them too much, and the Mama cat quit coming to feed them.  So we spent 2 weeks bottle feeding them, weaning them to food, and burying them one by one.  We've buried two already, and have another one to bury today.   *sigh*  Lesson learned ... don't mess with kittens no matter how unsafe you think their position is.  Of the two that remain alive, one is definitely smaller than the other and we aren't sure if he'll be the next to go, or not.  The lone female is so much more robust, that we are hoping we don't lose her. 

I have 12 more days until my due date, and still have details to take care of.  We started school 2.5 weeks ago.  This is our third week, and we will try to get one more week of school in.  There are still details and chores to do before the baby comes.  Some of them are not things we usually leave until the last minute, but everything has been so different this time, and then Steve's Dad's health has thrown just one more gigantic issue before us.

The pregnancy continues well, and we're praying for a safe delivery and healthy baby.  We're definitely counting down the days now ... and reassuring people that I don't usually go early.  Everyone seems to expect it after "so many babies".  I wasn't early with my 6th, however, and doubt the 7th will be any different. 

And that's our last two weeks in a nutshell.  I'm hoping we can have a very productive weekend, so I can relax for the final week of the pregnancy.

Trusting in Him,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!