Monday, September 8, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ 4

Click on this image to visit The Simple Woman blog, and find daybook entries by others.

For Today... (after a 3 week absence)

Outside my Window... gray skies, rain, and still an amazing shade of green.  Usually everything is brown by now, but it rained so much this summer that it's all still green.

I am thinking... that my 2 yo needs to stop taking off her own messy diapers, and trying to clean herself up.

I am thankful for... a caring church family, who prays over our concerns, is willing to step up and help with childcare when this baby is born, and doesn't mind when an emotional pregnant woman cries.

From the kitchen... nothing at the moment.  I haven't decided on today's supper yet, but the kitchen is clean and waiting.

I am wearing... denim maternity capris, green fuzzy slipper socks, and a light purple maternity t-shirt, with my hair in a pony tail with an orange fuzzy scrunchy.  Hmm.  Maybe I should go change my shirt, so I am not quite so colorful.  Today's high is only going to be 57, and my fall/winter maternity clothes are still in the basement.  It hardly seems worth it to dig anything out at this point, however.

I am creating... a baby!  Just 8 days until my Dr's estimated due date, but only 5/6 days from the dates I came up with using the online calculators.

I am going... to go fill out the children's planning sheets for school and get them started on their school work.  This is our last week of school before the baby comes.  Even if baby isn't here by next Monday, I don't plan to have anyone trying to do school that week.  We'll take at least 3 weeks off ... probably 4 or 5.  We usually take 6 weeks, but that may be too long this time.

I am reading... nothing.  I tend to fall asleep when I try to read right now.  I am waiting on the next Beatrix Potter Cottage Tales mystery to come into the library via Inter-Library Loan, but it hasn't come yet.  If it takes much longer, I'm afraid I won't get it finished before baby comes, and then may not get it finished before it's due.

I am hoping
... that the 2 remaining kittens of the five we found survive.  I'm glad they're no longer requiring bottle feeding, but it's been sad to have to bury 3.

I am hearing... Dora the Explorer playing on the DVD player while my 2 yo watches.

Around the house... there are a few scattered objects, but we spent the weekend cleaning up in preparation for baby's arrival and the flow of visitors we might have, so everything looks pretty good.

One of my favorite things... reading to my children, and knowing they enjoy learning about history through living books.  Being the one to teach my children new things!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... finish our fourth week of school before our baby break, maintain the house, and keep up with the laundry so all is ready whenever baby's ready to arrive.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... please excuse the quality of this photo.  It's a photo of a portion of my wedding scrapbook album.  Taking a digital picture of a photograph isn't the most effective method of sharing a picture thought, but this is one I wanted to share.  From my wedding day, over 14 years ago ... and we're still walking hand in hand.






Trusting in Him,
April

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture. I hope the baby comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. JacqueDixonSoulRestESSeptember 8, 2008 at 12:34 PM

    Excellent picture!! No matter the quality.


    Blessings to you as you wait with expectancy to meet your new little sweetie!!


    HUGS and blessings for a safe and quick delivery.

    ~J


    http://jacquedixon.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!