Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat!

Maybe no one else sings that song, except my sister and I.  But we sing it around this time of year, whenever we are thinking about Christmas, and preparing for Christmas.


 


I've been filling shopping carts and browsing online today.  I've got sisters, parents, two nieces and a nephew to shop for.  It's fun to window shop from home.  I just fill a huge cart and wait for Steve to get home and help me put stuff back on the shelf, figuratively speaking.  He helps me set spending limits and decide what to buy, after I've done the brainstorming. 


 


I do enjoy shopping in physical stores, but as our family has grown, and we've become more busy, I've begun to prefer shopping from home, via the internet.  It saves me from dragging my kids from store to store in the cold, as they grow more tired and more cranky.  I can't lose a toddler or preschooler when I'm shopping from home, either.  We don't have to stop to eat out, or waste gas.  The kids watch a movie, or play, and I shop.  What could be better?


 


As I speak, my Amazon cart is full, waiting for Steve to review.  I wish I had unlimited funds.  Most of my kids' toys would be replaced with better quality, more basic, educational, imagination-building toys.  Well, one birthday and holiday at a time, I can do that over time.


 


Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat.  Please to put a penny in an old man's hat.  If you haven't got a penny, a ha-penny will do.  If you haven't got a ha-penny, then God bless you!


 


Hmm ... my guineas are getting fat, but we're not going to roast them.  I hope every one else is having a wonderful time preparing for Christmas, too.


 


 


Trusting in Him,


April

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving as well. It was fun to visit.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!