Monday, November 10, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ 11

Click on this image to visit The Simple Woman blog, and find daybook entries by others.

For Today...


Outside my Window... rain and darkness.


I am thinking... that one computer with internet isn't really enough when you have 5 children trying to use websites for schoolwork.

I am thankful for...  a growing baby.

From the kitchen... girls washing dishes.

I am wearing... blue jeans, blue sweater, socks, tweety bird slippers, ponytail.

I am creating... Christmas lists.

I am going... to sleep in the living room with all the kids again tonight, hoping no one else throws up.

I am reading... Glaucia the Greek Slave by Emma Leslie, reprinted by Salem Ridge Press.

I am hoping
... to get caught up on laundry again ... and for the children to be healthy again.

I am hearing... the kids computer, turned up too loud, on some computer game that no one is actually playing at the moment.

Around the house... sleeping bags scattered around the living room, buckets, humidifier, and nebulizer ... signs of sickness.

One of my favorite things... hot chocolate, chocolate anything really.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... continue testing Aleks website, KinderBach website, Rime to Read website, Time 4 Learning website, and the Puppetools website with the children.   Proceed with testing Peterson's Handwriting and All About Spelling.  Write my Salem Ridge Press review.

Here is a thought I am sharing with you...  the interruptions to your day, and your plans ... they are your ministry.  So, even though a fussy 8 week old, and 6 other children have disrupted my plans for the day ... that is fine, as long as I met their needs.  Their needs are my ministry ... not the laundry pile.




Trusting in Him,
April

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed visiting your blog after finding your link on the Daybook. I hope your little ones are all better soon, prayers coming your way! Blessings, Melinda

    www.atshoresend.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your blog while nursing the new baby (also 2 months old!) I especially liked your words of wisdom at the end of this "day book". It reminds me that meeting the needs of my 6 kids IS a valid and important use of my time, even when nothing gets checked off our to-do list for the day.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!