Monday, November 24, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ 12

Click on this image to visit The Simple Woman blog, and find daybook entries by others.

For Today...


Outside my Window... blue skies, sunshine, clothes on the clothesline, a travel trailer parked awaiting  company.


I am thinking... that online window shopping is more fun than housework.

I am thankful for...  children who love their younger siblings, baby smiles and giggles.

From the schoolroom ... girls reading and finishing up lessons before we turn our attention to housecleaning for company.

I am wearing... long black knit straight skirt, grey and white striped long sleeve tshirt.

I am creating... shopping carts full of gift ideas at too many different websites ... must simplify!

I am going... to hang one more load of clothes up to dry.

I am reading... the Fall issue of The Old Schoolhouse magazine, and Dr. Sears' book, The A.D.D. Book.

I am hoping
... we have an enjoyable Thanksgiving with my family, and that Steve and I get some good deals on Christmas gifts this Friday.

I am hearing... pencils marking, pages turning, children playing on the computer.

Around the house... messes waiting to be picked up, laundry waiting to be folded, 2 racks of laundry drying, and happy children.

One of my favorite things... babies who look into your face and smile, as if to say you are the most important person in the world.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... clean house, cook, welcome my family, enjoy Thanksgiving with them.  Oh, and move in my old dryer from the garage since my "new to me" dryer quit working.

Here is a thought I am sharing with you...  find joy in the little things, be thankful for each and every blessing (no matter how trivial), look for the gift in each day. 




Trusting in Him,
April

3 comments:

  1. Your thoughts are so lovely! Happy musing of a woman who loves being at home with her family...and has sense of humor. When you talked about messed and laundry, I thought you were peeking in the windows of my house! 5 boys create lots of messes and laundry! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us this week!

    Blessings

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, online shopping is definitely more fun that housework! I love baby smiles too. My 6 week old smiles at me now and I just love it!

    Cute photo at the top of your blog!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *HAPPY THANKSGIVING!* I am missing you! and I love how you turned the picture thought into a thought to share! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!