Monday, December 22, 2008

Okay, I confess, we're homestead failures

My guineas ... my 5 guineas ... are being picked off one by one.  First, our dog killed one ... when we wrongly assumed they'd learn to live together and ignore each other.  Then one just died in its fenced yard almost a month ago, and we have no idea what killed him. 

Well, in the last 24 hours, two have died.  Frozen, I believe.  We have a shelter in their yard, but since it snowed, they haven't wanted to walk back through the snow to get into their shelter.  They've chosen to live outdoors for a week now. 

So, now we have one lonely guinea left.  I don't hold out much hope for him.  No more goose/guinea girl here.  We'll have to have a better shelter/home for them next winter, if we get any more. 

Trusting in Him,
April

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry. My aunt has had the same problem with the neighborhood dogs killing hers.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!