Monday, December 22, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ 14

Click on this image to visit The Simple Woman blog, and find daybook entries by others.

For Today...


Outside my Window... snow and ice, with fresh snow falling.


I am thinking... that I really need to get busy making more of the family scrapbook calendars.

I am thankful for...  electricity, propane, and heat.

From the kitchen... sausage stew simmering on the stovetop, iced tea brewing in my tea pot, and a pile of dishes needing to be washed.

I am wearing... blue jeans, reindeer shirt, tennis shoes.

I am creating... scrapbook calendar gifts.

I am reading... nothing.  I have several books started, that I haven't touched in weeks.

I am hoping
... no one else catches this latest tummy bug ... 3 kids is enough.

I am hearing... The Polar Express on the television.

Around the house... sleeping bags scattered around the living room and buckets ... signs of sickness along with the Christmas tree surrounded by presents.

One of my favorite things... warm fuzzy slippers, soft fleece blankets, soft afghans, soft quilts, snuggling up to read.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... finish scrapbook calendars, clean house, do laundry, and hopefully pack for a trip to spend Christmas with family ... if the kids are well enough.

Here is a thought I am sharing with you...  Christmas is special without all the "trappings".  It doesn't matter how many gifts you can give, how much you decorate, how many events you attend, or even if you get to see your family.  Christmas is special just because of Jesus.  Celebrate that with your children, and you'll have the best Christmas ever.




Trusting in Him,
April

1 comment:

  1. Your thought on Christmas is dead on. Family is the most important part. By next year most will not remember your gift, what you brought to the Christmas dinner etc...but the kids will always remember those special family moments.

    A wonderful Merry Christmas wish coming your way. I hope your New Year is filled with tons of blessings.

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!