Friday, January 9, 2009

2008 Year In Review

I got this idea from my friend Kristen.  It's the first sentence in the first post from each month last year.  But I'm also adding the first sentence of the last post from each month, because some of my first posts were contest entries.

So, now ... our year in review ...

January  -- new year, new pregnancy


February -- trying to survive the cold, the expenses, morning sickness, and the flu

  • We were out of church for two weeks due to a head cold working its way through the family.

  • I'm sorry I dropped off the face of the earth, so to speak.



March -- enjoying the start of Spring, the Iditarod, my family's visit, and L's birthday

  • The signs of Spring are starting to appear.

  • Our kids seem to start "acting two" before they really turn two.



April -- Spring sunshine, clotheslines, baby movement, and the ultrasound


  • Well, we may have found a cure for our homeschool blahs, especially my own. 

  • I promise to post a real update on our family soon -- hopefully tomorrow.



May -- Anniversary, Mother's Day, Grandma's death

  • Growing In Grace Online is having a contest to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day, which is today.

  • I keep feeling like I should post an update here, but can't think of anything to post. 



June -- Poison Ivy, crockpots, heat, guinea keets

  • Poison Ivy!  It is driving me crazy.

  • We sang this in church on Sunday, and I was so touched by the words.



July -- More Heat, end of school, county fair, my birthday, a new dog

  • Due to our rather long moving break last Fall, we are still finishing up this school year.

  • I think many stay-at-home moms, and all homeschooling Moms have heard this before.



August -- 2 yo fun, school starts, Father-In-Law hospitalized, plumbing problems


  • I think this originated on blogs, but I got it from a website I go to.

  • I had no intentions of trying to potty train 2 yo L right now, but she is potty training. 



September -- roller coaster of FIL's decline, a new baby, and the Homeschool Crew


  • I just realized it's been over 2 weeks since I last posted.

  • If you're wondering what companies will be providing products for the Homeschool Crew to review, you can find a list of vendors in the right sidebar at the Homeschool Crew blog, under "Vendors on Deck".



October -- Adjusting to new baby, resuming school, guineas, first reviews


November-- FIL's death, stress, resuming school again, more reviews, more sickness, holidays


  • My father-in-law entered hospice care last week, and died.

  • I have an e-book to give away.



December -- holiday stress, tons of reviews, first snow, more 2 yo fun, guinea troubles, Christmas


  • The children are slowly recovering from their colds.

  • My parents are here visiting us, and 2 of my sisters will arrive this evening.




Hmm ... this little exercise turned out differently than I thought it would.  I realized my post titles contain more information than my first sentence usually does.  But this wasn't supposed to be post titles.  I thought about changing it to last sentences instead of first sentences, but my closing sentence is usually a little wrap-up farewell comment.  Most of my true content is in the middle of the post.  I would not make a good newspaper reporter.   But, I do see my blog as more of a journal, or personal letter ... not a series of articles.

So, I added a short "blurb" next to each month to better summarize that month.  I've now altered this exercise twice.  Oh well ... that's what I do to recipes, too.  :-)

Anyway, if any of those sentences piqued your interest, you can click on my Archives link (4th link down in the right column under Baby G's picture) and find them there.  :-)

Trusting in Him,
April

2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea!


    I still like seeing all those toesies in your header. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, I think your year in review turned out great! In answer to your question on my blog, I use picasa web to host my photos. It's super easy because I already use picasa to organize my pictures on my computer. Picasa web is also connected to Gmail. The url is http://picasaweb.google.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!