So, now ... our year in review ...
January -- new year, new pregnancy
- I just downloaded this free sled dog lapbook by Hands of a Child at the Homeschool E-Store, and I plan to use it during the Iditarod sled dog race, which begins March 1st.
- Morning sickness has hit, and so has first trimester fatigue.
February -- trying to survive the cold, the expenses, morning sickness, and the flu
- We were out of church for two weeks due to a head cold working its way through the family.
- I'm sorry I dropped off the face of the earth, so to speak.
March -- enjoying the start of Spring, the Iditarod, my family's visit, and L's birthday
- The signs of Spring are starting to appear.
- Our kids seem to start "acting two" before they really turn two.
April -- Spring sunshine, clotheslines, baby movement, and the ultrasound
- Well, we may have found a cure for our homeschool blahs, especially my own.
- I promise to post a real update on our family soon -- hopefully tomorrow.
May -- Anniversary, Mother's Day, Grandma's death
- Growing In Grace Online is having a contest to celebrate National Scrapbooking Day, which is today.
- I keep feeling like I should post an update here, but can't think of anything to post.
June -- Poison Ivy, crockpots, heat, guinea keets
- Poison Ivy! It is driving me crazy.
- We sang this in church on Sunday, and I was so touched by the words.
July -- More Heat, end of school, county fair, my birthday, a new dog
- Due to our rather long moving break last Fall, we are still finishing up this school year.
- I think many stay-at-home moms, and all homeschooling Moms have heard this before.
August -- 2 yo fun, school starts, Father-In-Law hospitalized, plumbing problems
- I think this originated on blogs, but I got it from a website I go to.
- I had no intentions of trying to potty train 2 yo L right now, but she is potty training.
September -- roller coaster of FIL's decline, a new baby, and the Homeschool Crew
- I just realized it's been over 2 weeks since I last posted.
- If you're wondering what companies will be providing products for the Homeschool Crew to review, you can find a list of vendors in the right sidebar at the Homeschool Crew blog, under "Vendors on Deck".
October -- Adjusting to new baby, resuming school, guineas, first reviews
- I know I've shared before how I feel about The Old Schoolhouse Magazine.
- I just finished reading The Missing Link: FOUND, the first book in the Truth Seekers Mystery Series by Felice Gerwitz and Christina Gerwitz.
November-- FIL's death, stress, resuming school again, more reviews, more sickness, holidays
- My father-in-law entered hospice care last week, and died.
- I have an e-book to give away.
December -- holiday stress, tons of reviews, first snow, more 2 yo fun, guinea troubles, Christmas
- The children are slowly recovering from their colds.
- My parents are here visiting us, and 2 of my sisters will arrive this evening.
Hmm ... this little exercise turned out differently than I thought it would. I realized my post titles contain more information than my first sentence usually does. But this wasn't supposed to be post titles. I thought about changing it to last sentences instead of first sentences, but my closing sentence is usually a little wrap-up farewell comment. Most of my true content is in the middle of the post. I would not make a good newspaper reporter. But, I do see my blog as more of a journal, or personal letter ... not a series of articles.
So, I added a short "blurb" next to each month to better summarize that month. I've now altered this exercise twice. Oh well ... that's what I do to recipes, too. :-)
Anyway, if any of those sentences piqued your interest, you can click on my Archives link (4th link down in the right column under Baby G's picture) and find them there. :-)
Trusting in Him,