Wednesday, January 21, 2009

And once again, this was not in my plans ...

Here I am again.  Laying my plans at God's feet, serving my children in sickness.  I'm learning once again that God's plans are not my own

This week was supposed to be the buckle down week, the week where all school assignments and chores get done after a slow start to our new year. 

This week was supposed to be a week of celebrating 5 yo M's birthday, and enjoying warm weather while it lasts. 

This week was supposed to include me writing a couple reviews and posting them early.

This week was supposed to allow me to read my library book.

This week was supposed to be the week where everyone recovered from the respiratory flu they caught last week.

This week was not supposed to be the week when 2 yo L   AND    4 month old G both started wheezing. 

This week was not supposed to include breathing treatments from a noisy nebulizer.

This week was not supposed to include sleeping on the loveseat, beside the humidifier, with a baby on my chest and a toddler on the couch ... listening to them cough and wondering how long we'd make it between breathing treatments.  (The answer to that was exactly 4 hours for Baby G, and all night for 2 yo L.)

This week was not supposed to include going back to the Dr with at least two children.

I'm tired.  I'm worried. 

But sometimes God's plans are not my own.   There are lessons to be learned in all things.  I learn to love, to die to my self, to trust in Him when I care for my sick children and give up sleep for them.  They learn God's love, His ever-present faithfulness when they see it in me and my care for them. 

Please pray for them.  Pray they recover quickly. 


EDITED to add update: Baby G has congestion in one of his lungs, and is now on an antibiotic.  But he threw up mucous and medicine right after his first dose.  I'm hoping it was the tylenol I was trying to give him, and not the antibiotic I had just given him.


Trusting in Him,
April

3 comments:

  1. I will be praying for you! My plans aren't what I wanted or planned either and I have had to lay them at God's feet too! :)

    Hopefully everyone will start feeling better!


    I got such a pleasant surprise in a package from you today! THANK YOU so much for the goodies! brought a huge smile to my face! I was not expecting those! HUGS!


    thanks for letting me know what kind of bird that was too. I had no idea! :)


    Hugs and Loves!

    Amanda

    http://superangelsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my heart goes out to you reading this post. I'm so sorry and I am praying for you and your children-will pray throughout the day & will check back tomorrow. Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be praying here for your little ones! I know we've had our own bouts with coughs, vomiting, stuffy heads, running noses, scratchy throats, and more this winter. It has been never-ending. I can so relate. I'll be lifting up your little ones today.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!