Monday, February 23, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ 16

Click on this image to visit The Simple Woman blog, and find daybook entries by others.

For Today...


Outside my Window... darkness


I am thinking... that they really need to change the way they make jeans nowadays ... the waist is as wide as the hips.  So if they fit your hips, you need a belt to keep them up.  What's the deal with that?

I am thankful for...  the rural fire department who came and put out our "controlled burn" that suddenly became uncontrolled this weekend.  I'm also thankful that the fire avoided all outbuildings and structures, and no one was hurt.

From the kitchen... a pile of dishes my girls are getting ready to wash.

I am wearing... a brand new pair of jeans, with a belt to keep them up, and a light blue 3/4 sleeve henley top.

I am creating... school plans for next year.

I am reading... Educating The WholeHearted Child by Clay and Sally Clarkson

I am hoping
... that 2 yo L will not wake up in the night whining to nurse.  We're weaning her, and she hasn't nursed since Friday, but she's not really pleased about it.

I am hearing... children playing happily.

Around the house... signs of a homeschool family, maps on the walls, curriculum in a basket beside my loveseat, and books left out by children who are reading them.

One of my favorite things... cute little baby teeth ... can't believe Baby G has already cut his first tooth ... my earliest.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... homeschool, write another review, window shop and plan curricula for A's high school years which begin next year, take 2 yo L and Baby G to get immunizations, and plan  8 yo J's birthday party on Saturday.

Here is a question for you...  why does the noise level of children in  a home escalate in inverse proportion to the amount of patience a mom has available that day?  Probably to help a Mom lean on God instead of operate in her own strength.




Trusting in Him,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!