Saturday, February 21, 2009

The ticks are back, too ...

I had to remove my first tick from one of the kids today.  Yucky-poo!  Well, I guess Spring really isn't too far away.  We're still freezing at night, though, so I'm not sure how they can be back already.  Oh well ... back to checking kids for ticks every other day or so. 

My sister got Lyme disease from tick nymphs on our property last year.  She was crawling with these tiny things we couldn't identify after chasing her dog into our trees.  She kept picking them off her arm.  Well, after the Lyme rash appeared (one on her back and one on her upper arm), she looked it up and realized those tiny things were actually baby ticks.  Oops! 

None of us had Lyme, but she got it.  Because of that, I'll be even more diligent about checking for ticks this year.   I don't want anyone here getting Lyme disease.

Trusting in Him,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!