Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's beautiful ... Spring!

The weather has been simply gorgeous this week.  My children are spending more and more time outside exploring.  They found the first flowers of Spring ... yellow crocus in the rock garden.  I checked the side of the house, and found Siberian Squill starting to bloom, too. 

I used the clothesline this week.  I love how crisp Steve's dress shirts are after they dry on the line ... and the smell of the clothes when I fold them.   We took Baby G outside on a blanket when I was taking down dry clothes.  It was his first time to just be outside like that, and not being carried.

The wheat field is getting green again.  It's funny how it's green in the Fall, turns a sickly pale color in winter, and then greens up so fast as warm weather returns.

I love the expectancy of Spring, watching for signs of life, waiting for warm weather, anticipating gardens and flowers and baby chicks.  What a wonderful time of the year to celebrate Easter, when we're already full of joy and hope.  We can then turn our focus to Christ's resurrection and the Hope of salvation He brings us. 

Enjoy the anticipation of Spring!


Trusting in Him,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!