Thursday, March 19, 2009

Molly Makes $5 Dinners and $3 Desserts e-book is coming!

If you've been reading my blog, you know I love Molly Green, Econobusters, and Molly's Money-Saving Digest.  When I found out they were going to make a Molly cookbook full of $5 dinners and $3 desserts, I was very curious.  Steve and I agreed that this was an e-book we wanted to own.  We try to cook frugally most of the time, but we can always use more ideas for inexpensive meals, especially if they're healthy and can feed the whole family.

I'm so glad I got the chance to review an advance copy of Molly Makes $5 Dinners and $3 Desserts.  I wasn't disappointed with the cookbook at all!  There are a wide variety of recipes to enjoy with your family, including some of my own recipes. *wink* 

Some of the recipes sound elegant:

  • Chicken Piccata

  • Greek Spinach and Rice with Black Beans (vegetarian)


Others are obviously family favorites: 

  • Uncle Bob's Potato Soup

  • Grandma's Stovetop Tuna and Noodles

  • Rice Stuff (love the name)


Some of the recipes make your mouth water with their name alone: 

  • Yummy Chicken Legs

  • Spicy Vegetable Beef Soup


Then there are the comfort foods:

  • Broccoli Cheese and Chicken Soup

  • Chicken Pot Pie

  • Fearless Fried Chicken


The luscious desserts:

  • Cherry Chocolate Dessert

  • Favorite Chocolate Pie


Health-conscious recipes:

  • Gluten Free Donuts

  • Healthy Brownies

  • Broccoli and Pasta (vegetarian)

  • Mixed Bean Soup



Those are only sixteen of the delicious and frugal recipes you'll find in the Molly Makes $5 Dinners and $3 Desserts e-book.  I counted over 70 recipes in all.  I'm personally looking forward to trying the "Cherry Chocolate Dessert", "Minute Minestrone", and "Fearless Fried Chicken"!

Although my children would love to eat the same favored meals weekly (at least they think they would), my husband and I appreciate more variety.  I'm thankful to have Molly's cookbook of frugal meals to choose from, so we can add to our repertoire without raising our grocery bill.  I won't have to dig through my cookbooks trying to figure out the costs of the meals, either.  With the Molly Makes $5 Dinners and $3 Desserts e-book,  the costs are already listed for me.

If your grocery bill is just too high, and you need to lower it, then this e-book can help!  You can't lower a grocery bill unless you lower the cost of each meal you're cooking.  I know I can't make lasagna from scratch using my Mother-in-law's recipe every week, because it's too expensive! (Not to mention really time consuming.)  Not only can you find new recipes to try, you can also find cost-cutting ideas for changing your own recipes.

Watch for Molly Makes $5 Dinners and $3 Desserts at the Econobusters Store later this Spring.  It's another bargain -- over 70 frugal recipes for your family's enjoyment,  for only $8.00!   It's scheduled to release around May 1st, so stay tuned!

Trusting in Him,
April

1 comment:

  1. It does look great doesn't it? I got a review copy too. I noticed a couple of your recipes in there I'm going to try.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!