Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sigh ...

It was inevitable.  I knew it was coming.  I was afraid to check the kitten box over the past 24 hours.  I had to brace myself to do it.  I was somewhat surprised he was still alive this morning.  He'd lost more weight overnight.  He just wouldn't eat enough.  I kind of expected him to die while we were at church, even.  He was still alive when we got home.  But when I went into the kitchen after lunch, he was dead.  We'll be burying him tonight.  Expected, but still sad.

Trusting in Him,
April

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry. Hugs to your family. Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great visiting you. Our cat had kittens in the Summer, they were her first, and they all survived. It was touch and go with one of them at one point though.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!