Friday, April 24, 2009

Crafting with UHU glue ... another Spring wall-hanging

I told you the other week about the Glue With UHU blog, the monthly samples for bloggers, and their great craft projects.  Well, my sample of UHU All-Purpose Twist & Glue arrived, and I put it to work.

First, I attempted to re-purpose an oatmeal canister by covering it with scrapbook paper and ribbons.  Well, gluing paper onto a curved surface isn't the easiest thing, and my seams didn't turn out as smooth as I had hoped.  So it now holds rulers in the kids' school room (aka dining room), but it's not picture-worthy for the blog.

My second attempt was much more successful.  I used a thick piece of cardstock, scrapbook paper,  hummingbird artwork from my Memories of a Lifetime Florals & Nature book, buttons, and a ribbon to create this wall-hanging.  (Kudos to my 13 year old daughter for suggesting I use red paper with the hummingbird picture.  I doubted her at first, and was looking for something more subtle, but she was right.)


hummingbird craft

The UHU All-Purpose Twist & Glue worked well and is holding the buttons on nicely.  The glue flows smoothly, and although I feared it would show through my paper, it didn't after it was dry. 

The UHU blog has some great crafts re-purposing items in honor of Earth Day this month.  I hope I'll be able to receive more UHU samples and post about them.  I get so busy with other tasks, that I don't take time for creating very often.  This will help me make time for it.


P.S.  While you're here, be sure to check out my giveaway for a $30 gift certificate to Good For the Kids store.  Deadline to enter is April 26,2009 11:59 pm EDT.

Trusting in Him,
April

1 comment:

  1. Melissa and Doug First Bead Maze is my favorite Melissa and Doug toy. garrettsambo@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!