Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Molly's Digest is here again!


I've decided that the May issue of Molly's Money-Saving Digest  is my favorite of all!  I've enjoyed every issue of Molly's Money-Saving Digest , but this one resonates with many of my recent thoughts and  desires for my home and family.

The Feather Your Nest Frugally feature (guest-written by Aubrey Lively) has a wonderful article about creating a peaceful, unified home decor in small spaces, and on a tight budget.  I  have been frustrated recently by the cluttered and disorganized appearance of our school - dining area, and was challenged by this article to create a more peaceful and beautiful home environment.  Aubrey encouraged me that it is possible, even on a tight budget! 

"Preschool Pressure or Preschool Peace"  by Barbara Frank (part of the feature topic on Learning For Life -- Your Child's Education)  is also a subject that has been on my heart recently.  I have seen an increased emphasis on "preschool at home" all over the internet in recent years.  Websites and blogs full of activities for our preschoolers, and even those who have school rooms for their preschoolers.  (I don't even have a dedicated school room for my 8th grader!)  I have felt an increasing guilt that I wasn't doing more "preschool activities" with my youngest children.  Barbara Frank's article was a breath of fresh air, a guilt-buster article for me!  My youngest children aren't missing out on "preschool at home" ... they don't even need it!

The articles on college alternatives were very encouraging to me.  College isn't for everyone, and it isn't the only way to gain an education and career training that prepares you to provide for your family.  I am always interested to read of others who are successful, and have found their career training without the huge expense of a college education (and the debt that usually accompanies it).

I also found the article on "clepping" your college courses interesting.  I learned about a wonderful way to have the best of both worlds -- gaining your college degree in a less expensive, shorter, and creative way.  For the children in my family that God leads to college, it is good to know there are more options than pouring time and money into the secular community college, secular state universities, or private (and expensive) Christian colleges!

This month's Goal Getter Spotlight shares one family's journey from being a two-income family, to the Mom achieving her dream of being a full-time stay-at-home-mom.  A reminder that it is possible to be a full-time Mom, even in today's economy. 

And then the Reader's Write In ... so I did.  Yes, you'll even find a little something from ME in this month's Molly's Money-Saving Digest!  I responded to their request for readers to share about how they've furnished or decorated their homes on a budget.  I even included a few pictures of one of our very best deals!

Did I mention the lovely yummy recipes throughout this issue?  Who can resist easy chocolate-dipped strawberries, freezer jam, or salads for your Memorial Day barbecue?  Or who wouldn't be encouraged to read about how "Small Changes = Big Savings" without giving up all your luxuries and pleasures?

Like I said ... May's issue is my favorite issue of Molly's Digest so far!  It was encouraging and refreshing -- exactly what I needed to read this week!.

Watch for the May issue of Molly's Money-Saving Digest  very soon ... and visit the Econobusters website for more great ideas from Molly while you wait.

Trusting in Him,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!