Monday, May 18, 2009

I have a new best friend! A yummy one, too.

I have wanted the Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook:  Feasting with your Slow Cooker for over a year.  I finally received a very nice copy of it from my Paperbackswap wish list last week!  Yay!

I'm so excited because it's warming up, we have no air conditioner, and we will be using that crock pot as often as we possibly can.  Our old propane stove heats up the whole kitchen, dining room, and master bedroom when we bake with it ... and to a lesser degree even when we use the stove top.  (I really do mean old old old propane stove.  Possibly from the 40s!)

So the season for crock pot meals and quick stove top meals is here.  12 yo R and I just keep flipping through it, thinking and planning.  She has appointed herself as my food organizer and meal helper.  She knows what's in the pantry just as well as I do.  She organizes the shelves for me, and likes to help me make the meal decisions.  Although I have had to tell her that she can not be my only helper.  There are other girls who need to learn their way around the kitchen, too.

I need to make a list of the meats I have in the freezer and then make a list of recipes I'd like to try and any ingredients I'd need.  Once I have the ingredients we can start trying new recipes.  Yummy!

Trusting in Him,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!