Monday, May 11, 2009

Review: How Can A Good God Let Bad Things Happen?

Title:  How Can A Good God Let Bad Things Happen?
Author:  Mark Tabb
Publisher:  NavPress
ISBN-13:  978-1-60006268-1
ISBN-10:  1-60006-268-7
http://www.navpress.com/product/9781600062681/How-Can-a-Good-God-Let-Bad-Things

How Can A Good Got Let Bad Things Happen? is written for parents who have lost their child.  It is written for the couple struggling with infertility.  It's for the man who has lost his job.  It is for the widow.   It is for the man whose wife has left him.  It is for all hurting, confused, and angry Christians.

Mark Tabb has tackled the difficult topic of why God allows His people to suffer.  Looking at the life of Job, Mark Tabb walks the reader through questions like: 

  • How could God let this happen?

  • Can I ever trust God again?

  • Could God have some purpose behind all I've been through?

  • Why does the road have to be difficult?

  • How can my life go on from here?


Mark Tabb deals with these questions honestly and with great respect for God.  Mark is open about his own anger and confusion in the face of suffering, but he draws the reader right back to trust in God.   He reminds us of God's promises to be with us always, and the ultimate promise of eternal life.

This is a book every pastor, every grief counselor, every leader in the church should read.


That was my 200 word official review.  I wanted to add that it's hard to say you enjoyed a book on such a serious topic as this, but I did find it challenging and enlightening.  I believe the book has great value and will be helpful to many people.


Trusting in Him,
April

1 comment:

  1. You won my doggy book. email me your address and I will send it to the sponsor so they can get it out to you. I love seeing fellow crew mates win, how fun!


    Angela

    byourlove1@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!