Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Decorating my Schoolhouse Planner Cover

This morning I took some time to decorate my new Planning Calendar for July 2009 - June 2010.  I made this personal planner from the 2009 Schoolhouse Planner I'm reviewing.   I was re-using a folder that had once been used for Math, so I needed to cover the big SAXON on the cover. 

I pulled out my scrapbook supplies looking for something both decorative and functional to use.  I also wanted to try out my UHU Photo Glue Stick sample from the Glue With UHU blog.  I had originally just planned to find something that would cover a 4 x 6 area of the cover, but ended up choosing a much larger picture, and embellishing it with stickers. 

The UHU Photo Glue Stick is a wide, oval-shaped push-up glue stick.  It was easy to use, but it may not have been the best choice for this project.  It is a permanent glue to use on photos and paper projects, but this planner may get more use than the photo stick's glue can withstand.  We'll see.

Here's a picture of my Planning Calendar.  Currently, my school planner is in a 3 ring binder that can't be decorated easily, but I'll look for a different folder for it, because I'm in the mood to organize, and to decorate!



Although I'm not sure if this UHU Photo Glue Stick will withstand all the use my planner gets, I am sure it will be great fun to use when I'm scrapbooking!  My children put their scrapbooks through quite a workout as they read them over and over, but I use page protectors that should help minimize the handling of the photo itself.

(UHU is discontinuing its Photo Glue Stick, so now would be a good time to check your local craft supply stores to stock up on it.  To see what other crafters are using UHU for, check out the Glue With UHU blog.)




Trusting in Him,
April

2 comments:

  1. Could you post the inside of the binder, I would love to know how your planner works.

    clovegilliam@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This particular planning book ONLY has a year's worth of 2-page calendars per month. That's all I've put in it. I built it using the Schoolhouse Planner I reviewed. You can view some inside shots of the Schoolhouse Planner at their website:


    http://www.theoldschoolhousestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=191_193&products_id=10450


    April

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!