Saturday, June 20, 2009

Practicing Thankfulness

Today I am thankful for ...

~ cool breezes
~ shade trees
~ electricity
~ electric fans
~ a strong house
~ a safe haven
~ a loving husband
~ God's creativity in nature
~ colors
~ the sound of a gentle rain
~ flowers
~ chubby baby thighs
~ toothless grins (okay, he has a few teeth)
~ children's laughter
~ hugs
~ bedtime prayers
~ children fighting over who will say the mealtime prayer
~ family meals
~ dark chocolate
~ quiet times
~ God's provision
~ happy children playing together (yes, it does happen)
~ evenings with Steve
~ a great church family
~ a supportive homeschool group
~ a loving family
~ a blessed life
~ a godly heritage
~ intact marriages of our parents
~ my awesome, loving, hard-working, patient, and gentle husband
~ my Dad
~ my Mom
~ the great parents-in-law God gave me
~ being able to homeschool
~ the Homeschool Crew
~ friends, both in real life and "pretend" computer friends
~ the internet and the connections it brings
~ 7 healthy children
~ my health
~ a healthy husband
~ knowing my Father-in-law is worshiping Jesus, though he's mourned this Father's Day weekend
~ being connected to my husband's family heritage
~ country life
~ so many blessings from God I can not count
~ Christ's salvation

Thank You, God! 

Trusting in Him,
April

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful list. I love the chubby baby thighs and toothless grins, too!

    --Gena

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!