Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Review: When Love Blooms by Robin Lee Hatcher

Title:  When Love Blooms
Author:  Robin Lee Hatcher
Publisher:  Zondervan
Format:  Paperback


I have to admit that I had never before read one of Robin Lee Hatcher's books.  When I received the Advance Reader Copy of  When Love Blooms, I was intrigued by the plot synopsis on the back cover.  It's not often you read a Christian love story that begins while a man's wife is still alive, but dying. 

Looking for a new challenge, and purpose in her life, Emily Harris applies to be a governess to two small girls on a remote ranch.  What she doesn't know is that her employer, Drucilla (Dru) Blake, is dying and hoping that Emily will be the future wife to her husband Gavin and mother to her two small daughters.  Gavin Blake doesn't realize it either, or he never would have let Emily come back to the ranch with them. 

Emily sets out to care for Dru, teach Brina and Pet, and prove to a doubtful Blake that she can handle ranch life.  As Dru grows weaker, Emily and Blake fight against their growing attraction to each other.  What they don't realize is that Dru sees the attraction and is praying it will continue to grow into a deep love.  Emily and Blake must come to terms with their own feelings, and their personal relationships with God.

I enjoyed reading When Love Blooms.   It was a wonderful introduction to an author I hadn't yet discovered.   Robin Lee Hatcher develops her characters well, and weaves their story together beautifully.   Although I usually limit the amount of fiction (especially romance novels) that I read, I'm looking forward to reading more of Robin Lee Hatcher's books.

Trusting in Him,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!