Monday, July 27, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook ~ 20

Click on this image to visit The Simple Woman blog, and find daybook entries by others.



FOR TODAY (July 27, 2009)...


Outside my window... it is good to see my beautiful yard again, and my chickens.  The yard may need mowed, but it is still my yard.

I am thinking... that vacations should come with maids to pack for you, and then unpack and launder afterwards.

I am thankful for... a safe journey, a beautiful wedding, a wonderful vacation with my parents and sister, 3 new kitties for our cattery, another birthday for me, and Steve getting to keep his job.

From the learning rooms...
nothing official, but several of my children were working on their nature journals voluntarily this afternoon.

From the kitchen...  spaghetti with meat sauce, garlic toast, and peas.

I am wearing... the only clean things I had left to wear ... which are a faded floral t-shirt and denim shorts that are too short for my modesty comfort level.

I am creating... a clean home and a plan for the new school year now that the big summer trip is over.

I am going... to keep washing and folding laundry until it's all done!  3 loads down, at least 6 more to go.

I am reading... Words Unspoken to review, and What He Must Be To Marry My Daughter to review.

I am hoping... that the new cats start to mingle with the old cats, stop hiding in the closet, and stop pooping and peeing on my kitchen carpet.  I already have kittens doing that, I don't need adult cats doing it, too.

I am hearing... the sing-song chatter of the 3 year old sitting on my lap, and lots of fans blowing.

Around the house... a mess that needs to be cleaned up and vacuumed.

One of my favorite things... being at home with my family.  I love vacationing with extended family, but coming home is also wonderful.

A few plans for the rest of the week...  clean the house, laundry, laundry, laundry, write some book and curriculum reviews, try a Sue Gregg recipe, begin working on curriculum for the TOS Crew and continue to develop plans for our homeschool group co-op.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...  Beach time with family on vacation.  This was about as far as my 5 year old felt safe going out in the water, but he still had fun.


Take joy,
April

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you. Thanks for your comment!